South Atlantic Self Steering WindVane L 360
The windvane is a fast and efficient steering system. The servo-pendulum system consists of a [sensor-vane] which transmits the change in the wind direction to the windvane rudder. This moves laterally on reception of the signal. The rudder is attached to the tiller by [lines] which move the tiller or wheel that steer the sail boat.
Advantages of our Windvane
- The height of the windvane mast can be customized to suit your sailboat design offers.
- The lengh of the servo pendulum shaft is available in various lengths.
- The servo pendulum can be lifted sideways out of the water and is accommodated alongside the tower.
- The weight is approximately 9kg for the smalest version to 14kg for the bigger one, depending on the mounting details.
- The servo pendulum is fitted behind the windvane mast.
- This model offers the possibility of being fitted to different yachts and stern details.
- The length of the horizontal tube is variable for mounting on an integral platform or underneath a higher platform.
- Various methods of mounting are possible :
- With Mounting Frame : An ideal solution for straight or convex transoms or for a transom mounted rudder.
- This model can be mounted off-center.
Strength and Durability
South Atlantic, uses a stainless steel 316.
South Atlantic grants a lifetime guarantee against damage in the material (stainless steel).
" stainless steel 316,
" POM bearings.
" Servo rudder, Wood made up with [bituminous]
" 6 mm polycarbonate vane
"We use sliding bearings: they need no upkeep and run softly.
Demand for spare bearings is almost man-existing!
ca. 9kg to 14kg depending on model and mounting details
Serie L 360 K: < 10.00 m / 33 ft
Serie L 360 G: < 11.50 m / 38 ft
Serie L 360 G II:< 12.60 m / 42 ft
Serie L 360 K: < 5.000 kg
Serie L 360 G: < 8.000 kg
Serie L 360 G II: < 12.000 kg
Windvane and Autopilot
Almost 100% of windvane buyers had an automatic pilot on board before the purchase! " The windvane is used 90% of the times after both systems have been installed! " When a ship sails with sails set, the wind steers it better!
Save 5% on every order!
|L 360 K Basic (FOB) 1750,00 €*||L 360 K Plus (FOB) 1900,00 €*|
|L 360 G Basic (FOB) 2200,00 €*||L 360 G Plus (FOB) 2350,00 €*|
|L 360 G II Basic (FOB) 2400,00 €*||L 360 G II Plus (FOB) 2550,00 €*|
| L 360 Basic units include:
* Standard Mounting.
* 1 Air foil.
* 1 blade.
|L 360 plus units include:
*Standard Mounting, 2 Air vane
* 2 Rudder, Berings set (body and shaft)
* 1 push rod, Chain/pin for the chain
* , Tools (Allem keys), User guide
|Terms: 30 % deposit with order. Full payment before shipment. Check Terms and Conditions of Sale|
|Offers valid until 31- 12- 2019 *.|